[Mapserver-dev] Color handling changed in 4.3?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Sep 3 11:45:39 EDT 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Is anyone aware of a change in the way that colormaps are handled in the
> last
> month or so in 4.3?  I am getting extra unused colors appearing in the
> colormaps of my output images now and they are screwing up my autotests.
>
> I will try and trace through it next week but if anyone has a hint
> regarding
> changed colormap handling I would be interested to hear.

Folks,

Belay the request for info.  The issue was related to msImageCreate()
changes and the fact that it takes a map now to initialize things.  In
mapresample.c the changes resulted in the wrong map being passed in and
there was also an extra call to msInitImage().  I have corrected and now
all but one of my tests is passing again.