[Mapserver-dev] STATUS for LABELS

Titus von der Malsburg malsburg at cl.uni-heidelberg.de
Sat Sep 18 07:19:05 EDT 2004

On Sat, Sep 18, 2004 at 01:56:35PM +1200, Franck Martin wrote:
> Yes it should be inside the LABEL ... END block. You could use STATUS
> ON/OFF/DEFAULT the same way as a layer but for labels... Note that the
> capability exists inside mapscript but not inside a standard mapfile.

I have a similar application.  What I did was
 * duplicating the layer,
 * defining the labels only for the copy
 * setting this layer's transparency to 0 (this parameter should
   acutally be named opacity, anyway ...).

This makes it possible to switch the lables independently and has the
additional advantage, that I can set MINSCALE and MAXSCALE for the
lables separately.

    Titus