[Mapserver-dev] Speaking of memory leaks ...

Sean Gillies sgillies at frii.com
Mon Sep 27 16:11:09 EDT 2004

As some of you know, I've been out here on the bleeding edge of
long-running mapserver processes for a while ... and although I'm
not going to use fastcgi I am grateful for the company. :)

I'm running the Python mapscript unit tests under valgrind.  There
are pervasive leaks with msSHPOpen() and msAddLabel().  Other than
this, I'm not finding leaks in the core of mapserver.  I've cleaned
up every mapscript leak that I've found in the CVS HEAD (4.3).
Am not doing any tests with rasters or OGR.  Just shapefiles and inline
feature layers.

Sean

--
Sean Gillies