[Mapserver-dev] Internationalization of MapServer

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Sep 27 16:27:02 EDT 2004

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Howard Butler wrote:
>

>> 1.  The encoding support requires the GNU iconv library.  I see that
>> there is a conditional #ifdef USE_ICONV in mapgd.c to enable
>> encodings.  Will iconv be optional to use with MapServer?
>>

> Yes, it is optional. If you run into a situation where you are unable to
> build or use the software without iconv then please file a bug and make
> sure I and Julien are on the CC.
>
> There is already one issue that Tom Kralidis reported this weekend: the
> configure script doesn't seem to do the right thing for his
> configuration on Fedora Core 2... Julien is trying to reproduce it on
> one of our machines.
>
> Daniel

Note that I have created bug 911 to track windows specific issue with
internationalization. Assefa already begin some testing, and will report
his results there in the next few days.

Howard, if you expect any issues with the compilation/integration of
iconv on windows, please note them there.

Thanks
Julien

Julien-Samuel Lacroix            jlacroix at dmsolutions.ca
DM Solutions Group               http://www.dmsolutions.ca/