[Mapserver-dev] FastCGI and MapServer 4.4

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Sep 27 16:40:40 EDT 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> OK, my understanding now is that it would be quite desirable from
> Refractions
> point of view to include the FastCGI support in MapServer 4.4 - though
> presumably it would normally be "compiled out".  I am willing to put
> whatever
> effort is necessary to get FastCGI support done quickly and in as
> undangerous a means as possible as well as to fix any issues that arise
> promptly.
>
> So, this is me pleaing for permission to put the FastCGI support (and
> new style
> connection pooling for at least SDE) into 4.4.

To be honest, I'm a bit worried about doing that kind of changes (mostly
connection pooling) at the last minute before a release, but if you are
confident that they can be compiled out by default and not cause any
side-effects and would not delay the release, then let's try to fit them
in 4.4.

But once again it's not just my call: I am just trying to facilitate the
release process between all the developers. So far only you and Assefa
have replied to my call for a 4.4 release plan... what do the other
developers think of my proposed plan?

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca