4.6 release plan

Steve Lime steve.lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US
Wed Apr 13 11:05:36 EDT 2005

As long as you consider a partially implemented feature (like some of
the application specific schema stuff) as being legit to work on post
feature freeze, then I can live with this. I have two siginificant
pieces going on: the GML3/application schema stuff and GEOS integration.
The latter is almost finished, but the former is going to take some
time. I'll port my changes for WFS GML to the WMS writer and re-initiate
some discussion on a couple of topics:

  - controlling WFS output type (GML2/GML3/????)
  - WFS schema creation
  - changes to WFS queries brought about by finer control of GML


>>> Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA> 4/11/2005 4:58:55 PM

Since there were very few replies following our discussion last week
the 4.6 release, I decided to go ahead and start preparing a 4.6
plan. I reused the same format as what was used for the 4.4 release
edited the dates. The document is in the new website:


What do you think of the following target dates, to get a release over
6-7 weeks in time for MUM3:

     * Feature freeze - April 20th, 2005
     * 4.6.0-beta1 - April 25th
     * 4.6.0-beta2 - May 9th
     * 4.6.0-beta3 - May 23rd
     * 4.6.0-rc1 - May 30th
     * 4.6.0 (final) - June 6th

IMPORTANT: Feature freeze April 20th means that only bug fixes can be
made after April 20th (no new fetures or functional changes). If that
doesn't work for you then you should speak up ASAP so that we can see
what we can do and plan accordingly.

If anyone has important issues that are still being worked on, then
please add them to the list of open tasks, or send them to me and I'll
add them.


  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca
  DM Solutions Group              http://www.dmsolutions.ca/

More information about the mapserver-dev mailing list