mapserver-4.0.1 version source code documentation

Akio Neuchi neuchi at TCI-COM.BIZ
Wed Apr 20 07:47:48 EDT 2005

Thanks for the Info. I will try DEBUG TRUE soon.

Unfortunately at this stage I have to work with the old version 4.0.1,
because this is the only active one.

Yes we already tested GET and found a certain limit of characters to send.
Here is the tip.
-------------------
Important note: If you use the GET method in your form,
you will notice that the example GET server will choke
if too much data (more than a couple hundred bytes) is submitted at a time
-- the server is passing the data to the form-processing module via a shell
command line,
and the maximum shell command line length is being exceeded.
This problem does not exist with the POST method and server.
So, I have to try with POST anyway, and in fact POST works round 8000 bytes
but not more than 9000.

Akio