OGR/WKT

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Mon Aug 8 12:08:02 EDT 2005

Hi Steve,

My $.02 ...

I'd prefer msShape* for the new C functions, to collect them into a
conceptual "Shape" module.

As for mapscript: I've already implemented toString() methods for
pointObj and rectObj which return a dictionary-ish string, so I think
the WKT string should be produced instead by a toWKT() method.

Is there any chance you would be interested in writing unit tests for
these new methods? Whether they know it or not, mapscript users have
benefited from the tests that I, Howard, and Frank have written, and it
would be good to continue them. If mapscript development were to switch
back to being primarily Perl-focussed, Perl tests could be written.

Sean