OGR/WKT

Mon Aug 8 13:17:55 EDT 2005

>>> Sean Gillies <sgillies at frii.com> 08/08/05 11:08 AM >>>
> Hi Steve,

Hi Sean:

> My $.02 ...

Most welcome.

> I'd prefer msShape* for the new C functions, to collect them into a
> conceptual "Shape" module.

Agreed.

> As for mapscript: I've already implemented toString() methods for
> pointObj and rectObj which return a dictionary-ish string, so I think
> the WKT string should be produced instead by a toWKT() method.

Didn't know that, thanks for pointing out. toWKT is fine with me. Will address
in the RFC.

> Is there any chance you would be interested in writing unit tests for
> these new methods? Whether they know it or not, mapscript users have
> benefited from the tests that I, Howard, and Frank have written, and it
> would be good to continue them. If mapscript development were to switch
> back to being primarily Perl-focussed, Perl tests could be written.

Sure, where's the best place to look for a template/how-to? At one point I
had re-written much of the Python testing as Perl but inadvertantly deleted
them (dammit) and have never had the energy to redo it. Plus, your work has
come so far anyway.