Experimental SDE Raster support

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Thu Dec 8 12:53:11 EST 2005

Folks,

I would like to comment out the experimental SDE raster support that
we have in mapsde.c for the time being.  As far as I know, I'm the
only one to ever get it to work, it hasn't kept up with the
connection pooling stuff we did, and its utility is quite limited in
comparison to regular gdal-based raster support (projections,
resampling, etc).

The code would make a nice prototype for implementing SDE raster
support in GDAL, just as the mapsde.c code was a good prototype for
vector support in OGR.  I propose that we keep it around, but switch
it off for now unless someone wants to step in and get it up to snuff
with the current things going on (layer virtualization, connection
pooling, projections, resampling, etc).

What do people think?

Howard