bad raster layer transform when BBOX is specified within request (WMS)

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Dec 9 13:11:07 EST 2005

xslove -

I'd also add that BBOX is a *required* parameter in a WMS request; I
suppose that the server should throw an exception if it is not present,
a WMS request without a BBOX is at best undefined and you shouldn't
expect the server's response to have any bearing on what it does with a
valid request.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 (978) 251-4242
Fax: +1 (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Developers List [mailto:MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU]
On Behalf Of Frank Warmerdam
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 1:00 PM
To: MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] bad raster layer transform when BBOX is

On 12/9/05, xslove (sent by Nabble.com) <lists at nabble.com> wrote:
>  I successfully configured mapserver as a WMS server. I added raster
> layer into map file. This raster has associated wld file
> (georeferencing transfrom
> parameters) - image is rotated and sheared. When I send request
> without BBOX parameter it is drawn ok. When BBOX parameter is
> specified, raster layer is drawn bad without rotation and shearing...

XSLove (XSlove? Xslove?),

When you say the raster layer is drawn bad without rotation and
shearing, do you mean that MapServer as rotated the image and unsheared
it to present a rectified north-up view?

That is what should normally happen via WMS.  Perhaps you could provide
some small example views to demonstrate the behavior you are seeing.

I don't know why you would get different effects depending on whether
your WMS request includes a BBOX or not.

warmerdam at pobox.com