Is the MapServer code supposed to be ANSI C?

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Sun Feb 6 13:41:10 EST 2005

I've been agitating for MapServer improvements since 2003 and was given
CVS access quite early.  Perhaps even prematurely.  I've made a lot of
changes to mapscript that have not been globally appreciated or
approved by other developers, but since MapServer has no roadmap, no
development policies and no scope, nobody can veto my work without
being a "bad guy".

Before we add _another_ developer who has aims to broadly overhaul the
source, I suggest we have some discussion and even codification of
MapServer's mission, scope, and development policies.  I'm not
proposing a full blown bureaucracy, just a simple framework that makes
it easy to bring new developers onboard and keep everybody rowing in
the same general direction whatever that may be.

cheers,
Sean