wishlists

Wed Feb 16 13:04:21 EST 2005

To me it's the quality of output something like Cairo brings to the
table. Their samples are very nice. My worry is that it would be so much
slower than GD that it would be unusable in a practical sense.

Steve

On Feb 14, 2005, at 10:26 AM, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:

> What else is on the lists?

I've got two reasonable items on my list:

* style level (not layer level) feature opacity.

* faster rendering of features from memory using mapscript to reduce
the performance gap between rendering a layer connected to data via a
mapserver connector and rendering features obtained through a
scripting
interface to OGR or Postgres.

and one pie-in-the-sky item:

* explore using Cairo instead of GD.  Cairo has the cartoline stuff
built in, and can take advantage of graphic accelerators.

cheers,
Sean

--
Sean Gillies