FastCGI and HTTP POST

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 28 09:44:03 EST 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:21:44 +0100, Bart van den Eijnden
<bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> did anybody test HTTP POST against a Mapserver FastCGI?
>
> We are receiving an error message containing "POST body is short" in
> FastCGI mode, in CGI mode there is no problem.
>
> Is HTTP POST supported in FastCGI mode?
>
> cgiutil.c:
>
>         if ( (int) fread(data, 1, data_max, stdin) < data_max ) {
>             msIO_printf("Content-type: text/html%c%c",10,10);
>             msIO_printf("POST body is short\n");
>             exit(1);

Bart,

Yikes, I see that FastCGI mode does *not* support post
mode.  If you can file a bug report against this I could
try and fix it.  However, the msIO_* stuff hasn't been used
much for reading from the stdin pipe so I might end up
only fixing this in 4.5 to avoid messing up the 4.4.x.