How-to start up WCS with SRTM data tile index

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 25 20:44:29 EDT 2005

On 7/25/05, Miguel Angel Manso Callejo <m.manso at upm.es> wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> I'm trying to start up a WCS with SRTM mission translated from HGT
> format to GTiff int16.
> When i build map file to Mapserver i write:
>
> LAYER
>   NAME srtm
>   TYPE RASTER
>   DUMP TRUE
>   TILEINDEX "tindex.shp"
>   TILEITEM "location"
>   METADATA
>     "wcs_name" "srtm"
>     "wcs_label" "SRTM 90m"
>     "wcs_formats" "image/geotiff_int16"
>     "wcs_nativeformat" "image/geotiff_int16"
>   END
> END
>

> Can any one help me with this dude?

Miguel,

Your tileindex settings look OK.  I am including the map file I use
for me SRTM30 server for comparison sake.  It doesn't use tileindex,
but does give an example of some other required metadata.

MAP

  NAME 'SRTM30PLUS'

  EXTENT -180 -90 180 90
  UNITS DD
  SIZE 600 300
  IMAGECOLOR 0 255 0

  IMAGETYPE PNG

  OUTPUTFORMAT
    NAME GEOTIFF_INT16
    DRIVER "GDAL/GTiff"
    IMAGEMODE INT16
  END

  PROJECTION
    "init=epsg:4326"
  END
#
# Start of web interface definition
#

  WEB
    HEADER web/srtmcgi/demo_header.html
    TEMPLATE web/srtmcgi/demo.html
    FOOTER web/srtmcgi/demo_footer.html
    METADATA
      "ows_title" "SRTM30Plus Server"
      "wcs_label" "SRTM30Plus WCS Server"
      "wcs_keywordlist" "WCS,SRTM,DEM,BATHYMETRY"
      "wcs_onlineresource" "http://maps.gdal.org/cgi-bin/mapserv_dem"
    END
    IMAGEURL "/tmp/"
    IMAGEPATH "/u/maps/tmp/"
  END

  LAYER
    NAME "srtmplus_raw"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE RASTER
    DATA '/home/warmerda/torrents/data/srtm30plus.tif'
    METADATA
      wcs_label "SRTM 30 Plus DEM"
      ows_title "SRTM 30 Plus DEM (Raw)"
      ows_srs   "EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326"
      ows_extent "-180 -90 180 90"
      wcs_resolution "0.00833333 0.00833333"
      wcs_formats "GEOTIFF_INT16"
      wcs_nativeformat "GeoTIFF"
    END
    DUMP TRUE
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "srtmplus_autoscale"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE RASTER
    PROCESSING "SCALE=AUTO"
    DATA '/home/warmerda/torrents/data/srtm30plus.tif'
    METADATA
      ows_title "SRTM 30 Plus DEM (autoscaled)"
      ows_srs   "EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326"
      ows_extent "-180 -90 180 90"
    END
    DUMP TRUE
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
  END
  LAYER
    NAME "srtmplus_fixedscale"
    STATUS ON
    TYPE RASTER
    PROCESSING "SCALE=-6000,6000"
    DATA '/home/warmerda/torrents/data/srtm30plus.tif'
    METADATA
      ows_title "SRTM 30 Plus DEM (fixed scale)"
      ows_srs   "EPSG:4269 EPSG:4326"
      ows_extent "-180 -90 180 90"
    END
    DUMP TRUE