python mapscript mapObj.save(dummy.map)

Peter Freimuth pf at MAPMEDIA.DE
Tue Jul 26 07:55:42 EDT 2005

Dear Mapserver Team.
we currently building a zope based appilcation for easy creation of WMS
Services. When publishing the service a script creates a mapfile by
using the save function of the map Object. The problem is, that the
fprintf function prints all the  float values  with a" , " and not with
a" . " as the mapfileparser expected them afterwards. I am Using python
mapscript based on the current 4.6 stable release. The System is a
fedora 3 linux. Also the fact that nearly all values are printed with
the E format is not very useful.
I think that fprintf is using the LOCALE configs of the systems, which
may cause this float representation. Any idea how to avoid this?
Thanks for any help on this item!
Kind regards,
Peter

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß

Peter Freimuth
MapMedia
Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme

Heilbronner Straße 10
D-10711 Berlin Charlottenburg

fon:  +49.(0)30.89 06 82 70
fax:  +49.(0)30.89 06 82 73