Segmentation fault adding a new layer with php-mapscript (4.6beta3)

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Jun 6 16:50:25 EDT 2005

Nicol Hermann wrote:
> Hi List,
> i 'am trying to build a map from the scratch using php-mapscript and the
> lastest cvs version.
> Whenever i add a new layer with
> $Layer = ms_newLayerObj($map);
> I receive a segmentation fault.

FYI I have tried running your script here with the latest from 4.6 CVS
and the 4.4 CVS branch and in both cases it passes with no errors (other
than the error drawing the map because I don't have your polygon file).
I even ran with both versions in Valgrind (memory checker) and it didn't
detect any problem.

It could be some specific config option that you use as Bill pointed, or
it could be something corrupted in your environment. I doubt that's the
issue here, but one thing to check would be making sure that our
php_mapscript is compiled with the same GD as your PHP (i.e. that PHP
doesn't use its builting GD).

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca