Segmentation fault adding a new layer with php-mapscript (4.6beta3)

Jerry Pisk jerry.pisk at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 6 21:50:09 EDT 2005

I don't know if it's related or not but I've just fixed a problem in
mappostgis.c that was responsible for segmentation faults. If your
layers were pulling data from PostGIS please try the latest CVS code.

Just to let everyone know with this fix I was finally able to load and
draw a PostGIS backed map from multiple threads without any crashes.
There were occasional (once every few hundred iterations) GD related
errors but those seemed to be handled properly as errors and didn't
result in crashes. I'm going to send out another e-mail on the subject
later.

Jerry Pisk