coastline, boundary or lat/lon grid data?

Norman Vine nhv at CAPE.COM
Thu Jun 9 10:58:41 EDT 2005

Pericles S. Nacionales writes:

> http://www.ngdc.noaa.gov/mgg/shorelines/gshhs.html
>
> Also, if you have ESRI products, they come with the vector layers you're
> looking for.

Perhaps http://ftp.intevation.de/freegis/worlddata/

"""
FreeGIS Worlddata
===========================

These sample geodata have been extracted from VMAP0 R3. To avoid the raster
grids the original data has been processed by grass by reclassifying an
dissolving all polygons. The result is polygon data set with boundaries of
most of the countries of the world.

The the country data of the FreeGIS Worlddata are provided in two version, one
containing the full resolution of the original data. The other one has been
simplified using the Douglas-Peuker algorithm (tolerance value 0.25). The
second one is called country_simpl
""""

HTH

Norman