4.6.0 final today

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Tue Jun 14 13:41:17 EDT 2005

Hi,

I helped Steve test the GML3L0 support.  A bit of into to the output
content model changes.

As far as our testing went, we found the output XML to be both
well-formed and valid with GML3.1.0.  The difference with the GML
changes is that the WFS GetFeature output does NOT use the default
wfs:FeatureCollection container from the WFS 1.0.0 schemas, but a
MapServer defined msFeatureCollection in the schema ref'd by the
DescribeFeatureType in the second value of
msFeatureCollection/@xsi:schemaLocation.  Note that this works for
GML3L0 AND does not break the WFS spec.  The OGC WFS spec editor
confirmed this as we passed this approach by him.

We went with this approach because the requirement was to output GML3L0
in a WFS context.  WFS 1.0.0 schemas explicitly cite and use GML2.  WFS
1.1.0 schemas explicitly cite and use GML3.  We weren't in the position
to upgrade to WFS 1.1.0 for this release.  So this works for everyone,
and keeps us in the rules.

So my vote is to go ahead and release.  Good job everyone!

..Tom