bug 411 polygon dropping

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 22 14:33:32 EDT 2005

On 6/22/05, Tom Lahoda <tom.lahoda at tmctechnologies.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  I'm writing in regards to bug 411. The status says fixed and the fix is to
> basically drop polygons that go over the edge of the horizon. For my project
>  (NOAA's CLASS project) we need clip the polygon at the horizon instead of
> dropping the polygon. If anyone could provide me with any information as to
> where in the code to begin to fix this myself, it would be greatly
> appreciated. CLASS may be willing to possibly fund the effort of a developer
> to fix this (funding has not been approved by higher management at this
> point, but it is likely they will aprove it).

Tom,

The key function is msProjectShape() and it's worker functions in
mapproject.c.  Currently if any of the verticies fail to reproject, the
whole function returns MS_FAILURE.

You could work on alternative approaches but it doesn't seem immediately
obvious to me how to do so short of interative approaches.