MapServer Technical Steering Committee Proposal

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Jun 27 17:06:28 EDT 2005

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> We have had lots of talk over the last year or more about "process"
> but without a process to make a decision we haven't really done anything.
> I have prepared a proposal for a mechanism, which is attached and
> also available in CVS under rfc/ms-rfc-1.txt.

Great job Frank! You get my +1 vote on RFC-1, I think that would be a
great start, we could try for a few months, see how it goes and adapt
the process as needed.

Should the result of the votes be archived somewhere in an official
manner instead of just in the list archives?
Perhaps we could vote as part of the bug that documents the issue being
discussed? (Not using the bugzilla voting mechanism, but just by writing
a comment in the bug with your votes). Benefits of using bugzilla are
that it's quick to go and cast your vote, all the votes for a given
issue are in the same bug so they're easy to track down later on, and
contrary to the Plone site or wikis, information cannot be removed from
bugzilla, so once a comment/vote is entered it's recorded there for ever
with the identity of the person who submitted it. Just a thought... I
know you must be tired of me talking about using bugzilla for
everything.... sorry...

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca