Filter implementation of Functions MAX & MIN

Wed Mar 2 12:17:29 EST 2005

Bart's right, file an enhancement request. This could be quite an
expensive computation
for most datasources. One approach would be to develop a layer "item
stats" file that could
be used to hold such information, and then write a small program to
build the file (much like
shptree). Could store min/max, distinct value list and other things. A
naming convention
like "layername.column.stat" might work nicely. Then when a layer is
opened it's stat(s) files
could be opened if necessary. Just thinking out loud...

Steve

>>> Bart van den Eijnden <bartvde at XS4ALL.NL> 3/2/2005 3:59:16 AM >>>
Hi,

you could go and talk to the uDig people (udig.refractions.net), they
must
have encountered the same problem and maybe found a workaround.

In the meantime, maybe it is wise to file an enhancement bug for
Mapserver
WFS for support of min/max functions.

Best regards,
Bart