WFS performance issue

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 22 09:15:59 EST 2005

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:12:27 +0100, Arnulf Christl
<arnulf.christl at ccgis.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> late follow-up regarding the WFS performance issue. What is the current
> opinion / status regarding the performance fix? Is MapServer development
> going to adress the (yet another) bbox issue?
> There are several users around here who would like to know whether and
> when they could count on an overhauled WFS access logic to be available?
> Could somebody enlighten us?
>
> Missed the discussion? I can resend the pressing points to anybody
> interested.

Arnulf,

Supporting native attribute filters is really something that Assefa
would need to commit to, though some approaches would require
broader consideration.  However, I am willing to take a crack at
allowing a NULL bbox to be passed through the query machinery
in use.   Do you think that would be sufficient/helpful for your case
or do you really need the attribute filtering done right?

PS. If the bbox work is sufficient, and if there isn't already a bug
report on the issue please create one addressing just the need for
null bboxes in some circumstances (such as WFS queries without
a spatial component).