WFS performance issue

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at CCGIS.DE
Tue Mar 22 08:12:27 EST 2005

[...]
> "What happens if I don't specifically set a spatial filter? MapServer
> probably defaults to the WFS_EXTENT of the MAP file - is that true? I
> could set a tiny little bbox in the wfs_extent as a workaround - but
> then
> objects only within that region could be found? Any faults in my
> thinking?"
>
> True. Again not setting the spatial filter and having the extent cover
> all features is what you want. Query optimization is what not setting a
> spatial extent might get you. For shapefiles, for example, that would
> have little effect on performance.
>
> The performance fix is writing native FILTERs based on WFS input.
>
> Steve

Hi,
late follow-up regarding the WFS performance issue. What is the current
opinion / status regarding the performance fix? Is MapServer development
going to adress the (yet another) bbox issue?
There are several users around here who would like to know whether and
when they could count on an overhauled WFS access logic to be available?
Could somebody enlighten us?

Missed the discussion? I can resend the pressing points to anybody
interested.

Best, Arnulf.

--
Arnulf B. Christl