WFS GetFeature and GML data issue

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Fri Mar 18 09:31:43 EST 2005

Hi Tom,

we experienced similar things with WMS GetLegendGraphic without a Rule
(a.k.a. GetLegend). Mapserver would use the internal scale based on the
values in the MAP file to see if layers should end up in the legend or
not. For scale-dependent layers we ran into problems of them not showing
up in the legend, but showing up in the map. In our case we had to fake a
very small extent in the MAP file to get them to show up, but then your
boundingbox in the WMS capabilities gets ruined again, so you run from one
problem to the next (ofcourse you can use wms_extent METADATA for this,
but it's not straightforward anymore as a workaround).

I think it would be best to at least open up a bugreport for this, since
it is a too big pitfall in my opinion.

Best regards,
Bart