Ready for 4.6-beta2?

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue May 10 10:13:18 EDT 2005

Hi,

According to our release plan, we were supposed to release 4.6-beta2
yesterday. Unless I hear objections then I plan to tag the source for
beta2 around lunchtime today.

There are only 3 items listed in HISTORY.TXT since beta1, but I suspect
that there were more changes/fixes than that. Please don't forget to
list your fixes/changes and their impacts on users in the HISTORY.TXT,
this is especially important during the beta period.

I would like to compile a list of "What's new in 4.6", listing the key
things that were added since 4.4, similar to what we did for 4.4
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/whatsNew.html). Here is what I have so
far, I'm sure I am missing several things, please let me know if you can
think of other items that should be listed:

4.6 contains mostly small improvements over existing features from 4.4
and bug fixes. The following new features were added:

- Added support for gradient coloring in class styles

- Added SVG output format

See the HISTORY.TXT that comes with the source package for acomplete list.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca