Mapserver, open source, modified code, redistribution?

Sebastian Albrecht albrecht at FIELAX.DE
Wed May 25 10:46:17 EDT 2005

Hello,

for displaying coastline and ship track data using an universal polar
projection I had to modify the Mapserver's source code so it can
handle the polar projections without "forgetting" differents parts of
the data near the poles. Most of the changes were just a
commenting-out of some lines of code and no new developments.

Do I have to redistribute these changes to the Mapserver's community
in order to sell a product including the modified Mapserver although I
do not think it would be a useful contribution for the Mapserver's
development? What is defined in the license?

Best regards,
Sebastian Albrecht