MapScript classObj setText method...

Wed Nov 16 13:37:58 EST 2005

I will do that today. Thanks.

>>> Sean Gillies <sgillies at FRII.COM> 11/15/05 11:11 PM >>>
Steve,

If you want the mapscript/doc/mapscript.txt file (the source for
http://ms.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapscript/index_html) to stay
relevant, you should make the corresponding changes there as well. I
think there have been a bunch of changes since 4.4 that haven't been
noted in this documentation.

Sean

On Nov 15, 2005, at 9:53 PM, Steve Lime wrote:

> You're right. It's not even covered in Sean's reference guide so I
> killed =
> the parameter. Now it's:
>
>   int setText(char *text)
>
> Note that I also changed getText to getTextString to stay in
> keeping with =
> how the similar expression related methods are named.
>
> Steve

> Steve,
>
> I don't think if anyone uses that obsolete method in that form so you
> might make this change.
>
> Tamas
>

> On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 14:52:36 -0600, Steve Lime
> <steve.lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US>
> wrote:
>
>> Not many opinions I guess. I'll leave this alone with the bogus
>> argument
> and clean it up at the next major (5.0) release...
>>
>> Steve

>> Just looking for a quick opinion. The method has one totally
>> uncessary
> argument (a *layerObj). I'd like to propose fixing the method and
> handling
> through documentation. Otherwise we'd need to create a new method(s)
> (since we need a getText) with a different name that is not consistent
> with the other get/set methods for that class. It has the potential to
> bust a script though, but we have to bite the bullet at some point.
>>
>> Steve

---
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii dot com