New User question

Wed Nov 16 13:39:54 EST 2005

Sean: Couple of things. First, the path to the mapfile *must* be full path (i.e. including c:\web) and
second, questions like these really belong on mapserver-users...

Steve

>>> Sean Montague <scene at THEMOUNTAINSCENE.COM> 11/15/05 1:08 PM >>>
I installed mapserver on windows XP with  ms441pg.zip and I am working
through the tutorial.  I am running Apache, and my localhost folder is
C:\web and mapserver located at C:\web\mapserver\.  I'm trying to load a
shape file to get started, so I copied the example1-1.map and modified
it,correctly I hope.  When I use the url modified for my computer I get:

"msLoadMap(): Unable to access file.
(/mapserver/apps/tutorial/htdocs/example1-1.map) "

url:
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/mapserver/apps/tutorial/htdocs/example1-1.map&layer=roads&mode=map

Am I missing something?  My map file is below.  Thanks.

Sean

MAP
 IMAGETYPE      JPEG
 EXTENT         482565 4392206 488236 4396914
 SIZE           400 300
 SHAPEPATH      "/mapserver/apps/tutorial/data"
 IMAGECOLOR     255 255 255
 LAYER # States polygon layer begins here
  NAME         roads
  DATA         rds2
  STATUS       OFF
  TYPE         POLYGON