Will PHP-Mapscript support OWSRequests?

Sebastian Albrecht albrecht at FIELAX.DE
Tue Oct 4 03:44:44 EDT 2005

Hello,

in the manuals of Mapscript I read SWIG Mapscript supports drawing maps
from OWS requests directly. I think this is very comfortable for example
for writing own WMS "servers" which extend the MapServer-CGI with
further, project specific application logic.

Unfortunately the direct processing of OWS requests does not work using
PHP Mapscript because there is no OWSRequest.
My trial to parse the request parameters, set them to the mapObject and
draw a WMS conform image failed, because PHP-Mapscript will always
adjust the BBOX/extent to fit the aspect ratio of width/height of the
map :-\

Question 1:
Will PHP-Mapscript support a SWIG-Mapscript-like OWSRequest at some
point in the future or is it foreseeable PHP- and SWIG-Mapscript will
differ more and more?

Question 2:
Will PHP-Mapscript support a special drawing function which ignores the
aspect ratio of width/height and does not adjust the extent?

Best regards,
Sebastian Albrecht