MS RFC 3: Status update

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Oct 27 22:11:41 EDT 2005

On 10/27/05, Jani Averbach <javerbach at extendthereach.com> wrote:
> So could you review/test your favorite layer, and send follow up to
> the list when you have found it good to go.  I will then update
> MS-RFC-3 to contain these notes, thanks.

Jani / Assefa,

There was a problem in mapogcfilter.c.  I have changed this:

int FLTApplyFilterToLayer(FilterEncodingNode *psNode, mapObj *map,
                          int iLayerIndex, int bOnlySpatialFilter)
{
     if ( ! layer->vtable) {
        int rv =  msInitializeVirtualTable(layer);
        if (rv != MS_SUCCESS)
            return rv;
    }
    return layer->vtable->LayerApplyFilterToLayer(psNode, map,
                                                  iLayerIndex,
                                                  bOnlySpatialFilter);
}

to this:

int FLTApplyFilterToLayer(FilterEncodingNode *psNode, mapObj *map,
                          int iLayerIndex, int bOnlySpatialFilter)
{
    layerObj *layer = map->layers + iLayerIndex;

    if ( ! layer->vtable) {
        int rv =  msInitializeVirtualTable(layer);
        if (rv != MS_SUCCESS)
            return rv;
    }
    return layer->vtable->LayerApplyFilterToLayer(psNode, map,
                                                  iLayerIndex,
                                                  bOnlySpatialFilter);
}

The code compiles now and seems OK, but I don't know how
to test it, so let me know if I patched it up wrong.