Proposed RFC on COLORRAMP Support (Bug 13 05)

Tue Sep 27 18:05:41 EDT 2005

Hadn't thought about it. How to represent in a legend is an issue regardless of
a referencing strategy. I suppose it would depend on the value of intervals. If non-zero
I would expect one legend entry for each break, with the appropriate color.  Perhaps the
class NAME could become a legend label template of sorts based upon the interval values,
that is:

  NAME "[low] to [high] percent precincts reporting"

If continuous? Man, I don't know. I'd have to look at map legend samples to come
up with something.

Conceptually I look at a color ramp as a way to essentially streamline class creation. That is,
one color ramp = many classes...

Steve

>>> Bill Binko <bill at binko.net> 09/27/05 4:06 PM >>>
Steve,

Before I comment on this, just a quick question: what do you think the
legend entry for that class would look like?

Bill