MS RFC 7: MapServer CVS Commit Management

Fri Sep 30 11:16:30 EDT 2005

> I do agree with this requirement, but then should we also talk about
> tabs vs spaces, or would this belong more in coding style RFC?

Coding style RFC...

I vote as is: +1.

Steve

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I have rolled most of Daniels comments, and everyones suggestion
> with regard to how bug ids are specified into a new officially
> proposed version of this RFC:

About the last item: "All source code in CVS should be in Unix text
format as opposed to DOS text mode."

I do agree with this requirement, but then should we also talk about
tabs vs spaces, or would this belong more in coding style RFC?

Anyway, to avoid scaring away Windows users on this one, it is not
necessary for them to strip-off DOS linefeeds before they do a commit
since the Windows CVS client takes care of that automatically (that's
true only on Windows though). The problem you are trying to avoid here
happens most of the time when someone edits a file on Windows and
commits it from a Unix/Linux box.

I don't think this clarification needs to be added to the RFC, but it
will be good to have in the -dev list archives in case anyone wonders
why this clause is there.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca