RFC 14 out for comment...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Apr 11 12:41:14 EDT 2006

Steve Lime wrote:
> Sean: Good point. I thought about that too and  would agree except
> that for the types of things folks want to do it might be more convenient
> to define this at the feature level. I think it will be quite common to place
> text in multiple corners of an output image. Granted, that could be handled
> with multiple layer definitions. I do like the ORIGIN parameter regardless,
> sounds better than RELATIVETO...
>
> What do folks think about having to define multiple layers to define
> multiple origins?

Steve,

The other concern I have with treating this as a PROJECTION SRS type of
issue, which is what I assume Sean is getting at, is that currently the
projectionObj doesn't know anything about the raster coordinate system and
I am nervous about introducing this into the projectionObj in a way that
only really applies for layers.

However, this is just a general uneasiness, I haven't really thought it
through carefully.