Committee size (was Re: Proposal to add Steve Woodbridge to the TSC)

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Apr 13 14:57:50 EDT 2006

On Apr 13, 2006, at 12:52 PM, Daniel Morissette wrote:

> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>
>> All things considered, it might have been a bit better to broaden the
>> mandate
>> of the committee and then, with a bit of a plan, expand it's
>> membership.  But
>> in any event, I don't think we can go wrong with SteveW as long as
>> he is
>> interested and willing to commit.
>>

> Agreed, and agreed. (That's also in line with what Howard suggests in
> his reply that just arrived)
>
> BTW, another question that this proposal raises is how big do we want
> the committee to become. I thought it was better to keep it relatively
> small, at which point would it become too big and unmanageable?
>
> Daniel

I don't think we're close to too big yet. RFC 14 has had substantive
feedback from 3 people. 13 had feedback from 4 tops if memory serves me.

Sean

---
Sean Gillies
http://zcologia.com