Proposal to add Steve Woodbridge to the TSC

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Apr 13 15:07:46 EDT 2006

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Agreed, and agreed. (That's also in line with what Howard suggests in
> his reply that just arrived)
>
> BTW, another question that this proposal raises is how big do we want
> the committee to become. I thought it was better to keep it relatively
> small, at which point would it become too big and unmanageable?

Daniel,

Good question.  I don't think it hurts too much for the committee to grow
substantially.  It isn't as if we have to all get together on the same
conference call, or in one room, on a regular basis.   The only time having
a big committee is a hassle is if we need to use a "veto override" in which
case we have to scrounge up +1's from more than half the members.

I wouldn't mind the committee growing as big as 20 but I would prefer to
keep it to people prepared to be fairly active in contributing and
commenting.