request for new mapserver features

Mon Apr 24 15:04:29 EDT 2006

Could you post an image or two showing the output you are looking for?

Steve

>>> "Peter Freimuth (MapMedia GmbH)" <pf at MAPMEDIA.DE> 4/24/2006 4:24:48 AM >>>
Dear mapserver-dev Team,
in context of using mapserver to generate a digital nautical mapchart
out of s57 data (imported into postgres/postgis), we found two missing
features to solve this task. Both features can be useful in a lot of
other areas.
- new feature type ARC, defined by:
STARTANGLE in Degree (west=0/360, north = 90 ,east=180,south=270)
ENDANGLE in degrees or ARCANGLE (negative value means clockwise
direction) in degrees
RADIUS (meter, miles or whatever)
The feature can be used in the same manner as every other line or
polygon feature. GD supports drawing of arcs so it should be not a big
problem to introduce the parameters in the mapfileparser and to handle
this featuretype inside of the current drawing routines.
- draw a symbol at the center of polygons or lines (it is possible for
labels so why not using the label offset point for symbol placement in
the same way); it is possible to solve this inside of PostGIS, but i
think it would also be a nice function for other datasources.

Thanks for your interest and any feedback to this!
Kind regards
Peter

--
Mit freundlichem Gruß
Peter Freimuth

MapMedia GmbH
Kartographie und raumbezogene Informationssysteme

Heilbronner Straße 10
D-10711 Berlin Charlottenburg

fon:  +49.(0)30.89 06 82 70
fax:  +49.(0)30.89 06 82 73