Proposing to call setlocale( LC_ALL, "C" ) in msSetup()

Szekeres Tamás szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU
Thu Apr 27 12:03:37 EDT 2006

Developers,

I had a problem with that mapserver/mapscript is working
under the locale context of the host process, but the code
is not ready to operate in all locales so far. For example
the lexer expects dot as the decimal separator and some of
the locales use comma and atof will truncate the numbers to
the integer part causing mystical errors.

As a quick fix I suggest to call setlocale to the default
"C" at the msSetup initialization function.

The best solution would rewriting the code to be locale
independent if it is expected.

Because we can have some side effects with this change I am
calling a vote on it.

Tamas