Proposing to call setlocale( LC_ALL, "C" ) in msSetup()

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Apr 28 12:13:13 EDT 2006

Szekeres Tamás wrote:
> I'm not sure if this problem is restricted to the float number conversion,
> so replacing atof, strtod etc. to the locale independent
> implementations would be great, but i don't think if it is enough.
> And we should also take the subsequent libraries into consideration
> with the locale dependency stuff.

Tamas,

I would note we have *alot* of code doing printf style output of XML,
GML, etc using the default numeric formatting.  It would be quite a job
to replace all that.  Much harder than replacing atof() calls for instance.