Proposing to call setlocale( LC_ALL, "C" ) in msSetup()

Fri Apr 28 12:25:12 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I would note we have *alot* of code doing printf style output of XML,
> GML, etc using the default numeric formatting.  It would be quite a job
> to replace all that.  Much harder than replacing atof() calls for instance.

And once again as was pointed a few times in this thread, it would not
be sufficient to replace all atof() and printf()-related calls in
MapServer: all support libs would need to be reviewed and possibly
modified, we may never get to the end of this.

OTOH changing the locale globally may have major side-effects for
scripting environments... I don't think I have a solution, but I just
wanted to point out that replacing atof() is not the solution either.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/