PHP/Mapscript still has a memory leak

Fri Aug 11 14:47:56 EDT 2006

Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> I thought of running valgrind, but mapscript was built as an apache DSO
> and will not run under the php-cli. I'm not sure if it is possible to
> run private instance of apache2 under valgrind to do this, or how one
> would do that. Got any ideas on that?

Um... I forget the details but I seem to remember having problems trying
to run apache under Valgrind when I was working on that file handle leak
that you were referring to in your first email. In the end I think I had
to recompile a version of php_mapscript for use with the PHP CGI and
then run that under Valgrind.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/