MapServer code freeze and IRC meeting

Mon Aug 14 15:32:36 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

Two things:

1- Feature Freeze today:

Please don't forget that today is the feature freeze date for the 4.10
release (CVS HEAD). If you had new features that were nearly completed
then you have only a few hours to get them in, or they will have to wait
until the next release. Starting tomorrow and until after the 4.10
branch will have been created, only bug fixes should go in the CVS HEAD.

2- IRC Meeting Wednesday:

When:  Wednesday Aug 16 at 1pm central, 2pm eastern
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=8&day=16&year=2006&hour=13&min=0&sec=0&p1=64)
Where: #mapserver on irc.freenode.net
What:  MapServer 4.10 bug triage session and general release discussions
Who:   Developers and users (anyone who cares about the 4.10 release)

Note: I had initially suggested Wednesday at noon central and got no
feedback except for one comment saying that 1pm central might be best. I
hope all the developers can make it, if you can't then let us know ASAP
so that we can find a time that works for everyone.

We should also try to have IRC meetings like this every few weeks during
the release crunch.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/