Recommended version of SWIG for building mapscript

Wed Aug 23 07:10:20 EDT 2006

I believe Steve is still using 1.3.21 on cvs.gis.umn.edu to package the
releases, that's probably the only reference if there is one. In a
discussion on this list earlier in July I think we concluded that for
5.0 we should look at upgrading to a new version to start including C#
and Java interfaces in the source package as well. Note that at the time
we were discussing 4.8.4 vs 5.0 and 4.10 was not in the air yet, but I
think it's too late to switch SWIG version for the source distribution
for 4.10 especially if that would result in incompatible interfaces. (I
was not aware that upgrading SWIG meant incompatible interfaces. That's
no good!)

I'll let Assefa comment on the version of SWIG used for MS4W.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/