MSAutotest WxS on windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Fri Aug 25 14:17:49 EDT 2006

Folks,

In the IRC meeting today I agreed to try and get the MSAutotest
WxS tests working roughly on windows.  I dug into the problems and it
turned out the main issue was with quoting of the command lines.  It
was done like this:

# RUN_PARMS: wcs_cap.xml [MAPSERV]
QUERY_STRING='map=[MAPFILE]&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities'
 > [RESULT_DEVERSION]

But for windows needed to use double quotes instead of single quotes:

# RUN_PARMS: wcs_cap.xml [MAPSERV]
QUERY_STRING="map=[MAPFILE]&SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities"
 > [RESULT_DEVERSION]

I have applied this to all wxs/*.map files except for wfs_filter.map which
includes some double quotes in the query string.  This one will require
greater care I think, likely changing the internal double quotes into whatever
the proper  url escape sequence for " is.

I also fixed some problems with CRLF conversion.  The templates were in
DOS format but this was getting wiped in some circumstances resulting in
comparison failures.  I just "upgraded" all files to unix text conventions.

There are still some errors, but I'll turn that over to Bart (and perhaps
Norm or others interested) including:
  o New "version" keyword in gml3l0 output.
  o windows does expoential notation with three digits instead of two.
  o some maps now emit error comments.