MSAutotest WxS on windows

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Aug 28 17:56:04 EDT 2006

Normand Savard wrote:
>>  o windows does expoential notation with three digits instead of two.
>
> I think we have no choice here to have two sets of expected results:
> one for Windows and one for Unix.  Unless we use an external program
> that will compare files and check for numbers precisions like ndiff.

Norman,

We already have special processing when [RESULT_DEVERSION] is used
to strip MapServer version information out of the capabilities.  I
can extend this processing to also change strings of the form
'e+0nn"' to 'e+nn"'.  This should resolve most of this particular
issue.  I'll give this a try and let you know.

Great work on the other problems.

I'm also still seeing failures on a variety of tests for less obvious
reasons.  For instance, wms_time_pattern2d.png is producing alot less
symbols than the expected file on windows, but on linux it is matching.

All together I'm seeing 18 tests fail, and 112 tests pass on windows
with my FWTools build (circa Friday or Thursday) and the latest test
suite. Is this what you see?