Why not always DEBUG=MSDEBUG?

Mon Dec 11 16:37:01 EST 2006

Frank,

I'm +1 for being able to turn on/off debug output without having a debug
compiled version. The only stuff that is currently output is timing by
default and that is all I regularly use and that I think other users
would use that are not developing.

So one option might be to add mapfile tags like TIMING ON|OFF that can
be decoupled from the DEBUG ON/OFF and this would be accessible all the
time. I think this decouples some of Daniel's concerns and we could make
it do the "right" thing whatever that is on all environments.

-Steve W.