Fix for bug #1629

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Mon Feb 6 09:17:21 EST 2006

Umberto Nicoletti wrote:
> I think we need to setup a server that will check out the sources
> every night from cvs and will build them along with performing the
> tests. The report would then be mailed to the mapserver-dev.

A central server is one option, but that limits us to testing a single
platform, what's running on that specific server.

Another interesting approach is what libcurl does, they have a reporting
system as part of their build/test environment, so user/developers can
setup automated builds/tests on one of their servers and have them
report the results to a central repository. This gives daily reports of
the state of the package on various platforms:

http://curl.haxx.se/auto/

I'm not arguing against the central server, that would have benefits
too, for instance for testing RDBMS and other complicated stuff, but a
distributed build/test reporting system would possibly give us even more.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca