Objects exposed to SWIG interface

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Feb 9 18:24:55 EST 2006

On Feb 9, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Tamas Szekeres wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it intentional exposing some objects like:
>
> DBFInfo
> layerVTable
> FilterEncodingNode
> SVGObj
>
> to the SWIG interface?
>
> The documentation doesn't reflect theese changes.
>

> Tamas Szekeres

Tamas,

SWIG is greedy by nature, which means that every new struct (or
struct member) developers add to important headers gets picked up
unless explicitly ignored.

Part of our problem is disorganized headers. A map_objects.h (name it
what you will) header could help us collect only the structs that we
intend to expose as mapscript classes. The other part of the problem
is the lack of awareness among developers about SWIG issues. I have
not been able to make the time to keep up the addition of new struct
members and make the judgement of whether or not they are intended
for use with mapscript.

cheers,
Sean

---