[WFS] Set max features to 0

Thu Feb 16 02:19:57 EST 2006

Maxfeatures was introduced as a rendering parameter (works great when data are sorted by area for interest), but has taken on special meaning in other circumstances. We'd probably have to introduce another DUMP state... DUMP FALSE would exclude the DescribeFeatureType output I imagine.

If you guys file a bug we can hack something together in 4.9 for you to test...

Steve

>>> Paul Ramsey <pramsey at refractions.net> 02/15/06 11:09 PM >>>
Perhaps... the intent is to have access to DescribeFeatureType (in
order to compose valid SLD) while not allowing GetFeatures to return
any features (to protect the actual feature sources).  All hail the
WMS/SLD combination, neutered without partial WFS access!